KCS has hosted over 19 nationalities from all over the world since 2006.
KCS teachers and staff truly understand the challenges that exchange students may face. Our program director, Bud Ford, has lived in diverse countries abroad and learned multiple languages while overcoming cultural differences. This understanding and compassion is transmitted through Knoxville Christian Schools’ exceptional program.
Our caring host families genuinely want to participate in a cultural exchange experience and undergo a thorough screening process including an in depth orientation program. Our host families are paid a monthly stipend to offset the cost of hosting.
- KCS international program is comprised of caring, committed and experienced personnel who support students and host families during the exchange program
- KCS facilitates the application process of students and provides them with a smooth transition of acceptance & timely delivery of the I-20 document
- We carefully pre-screen our host families and perform a criminal background checks on all potential host families to ensure the safety of our students
- We offer students flexible program options including year & semester programs, F-1 extensions for up to 5 years
- Parents will have peace of mind knowing their child has a school coordinator who gives local support and guidance throughout the year
- Students are enrolled as F-1 visa participants
- Program fees include: school tuition, host family accommodation including meals, international student fees (school fee), school registration and application fees, airport arrival and departure transportation and local coordinator supervision.
- Our host families fill up fast!
TN Rule Chapter 1200-14-1-.29: https://publications.tnsosfiles.com/rules/1200/1200-14/1200-14-01.20191013.pdf
|Disease||Child Care||Kindergarten||New Students, Grades 1-12||All incoming 7th graders||College|
|H. flu type B (Hib)||Up to date/complete||–||–||–||–|
|Pneumococcus (PCV)||Up to date/complete||–||–||–||–|
|Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis||Up to date (no 4y dose)||Complete (incl. 4y dose)||Same as K, Tdap req’d only for 7th gr.||Tdap booster||–|
|Measles, Mumps, Rubella||1 dose||2 dose||2 dose||–||2 dose|
|Polio||Up to date (no 4y dose)||Complete (incl. 4y dose)||Complete (incl. 4y dose)||–||–|
|Hepatitis B||1 dose||2 dose||–||–||–|
|Meningococcal disease (MenACWY)||–||–||–||–||1 dose for some (see school)|
|Varicella (or disease history)||1 dose or disease||2 dose or disease||2 dose or disease||–||2 dose or disease|
Other important vaccines are recommended by CDC for all children and teens, but not required for school attendance. For more information, visit the TennIIS homepage at https://tennesseeiis.gov and click on the blue bar titled School Immunization Requirements. For the Official Certificate, go to the above website and login to TennIIS. Last updated by Tennessee Immunization Program: January 2020
Knoxville Christian School
11549 Snyder Rd
Knoxville TN, 37932
(865) 671-2148 (Lower School)
(865) 671-2138 (High School)