August 9, 2020 – Tomorrow is the first full day of school!
Good afternoon students, families, faculty and staff,
Following are a few brief updates relating to our first day of school and beyond.
1. Students aged 18 months – 5th grade will go to the elementary building. This is the building on the left when you arrive on campus. Parents bringing students aged 18 months – PK 4 will be allowed to park in the parking lot (not in the drop off car line) and bring students inside. All individuals entering the school must have a mask on, and will be subject to temperature scan and health questionnaire. Parents of 18 – 36 month students will proceed outside of the building to the classrooms facing Snyder Road. Parents of PK3 and PK 4 will enter the main doors. Students in K – 5th grade will get out of vehicle with backpacks, etc. in order to have temperature scan and health questionnaire. Please do not leave until your student has been cleared to enter.
2. MS/HS students (being dropped off or driving) will make a right turn immediately upon arriving on campus in order to be in the queue for temperature scan and health questionnaire. Students being dropped off will get out of vehicle for temperature scan and questionnaire but are requested to stay near vehicle. Please do not leave until your student has been cleared to enter. Students that are driving will have temperature scan and health questionnaire submitted from vehicle. All Middle School and High School students will assemble in the High School gym on Monday.
3. As a reminder, following are the questions on the Health Questionnaire. You are responsible to asking the questions at home as well in order to monitor your student’s health.
Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours:
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for at least 15 minutes) with a person who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or with anyone who has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or are worried that you may be sick with COVID-19?
Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
4. School Hours –
- for 18 month – 5th grade – 8:00am – 3:00pm
- for MS/HS – 8:00am – 3:15pm
After School Care is offered everyday for PK3 – PK4 by Knoxville Christian School. This is available until 6:00pm everyday school is in session, excluding any possible half days, or days school is shortened. You be billed by KCS for days attending.
After School Care is also offered for students in K – 5th grade. This takes place on our KCS campus as well. It is managed by Camp Big Fish. This after school care is also available until 6:00pm each day. It is necessary to register in advance for this service. Click here to register! Visit their website, campbigfish.org, to learn more about their program. KCS families get preferred rates. If you have any questions, please email [email protected] for more information.
5. Many updates over the past month are on the website. Click on the Covid-19 Updates tab on the top right, and they are archived below.
See you tomorrow. Our faculty and staff are excited about this beginning of a new school year!
Please send any emails to [email protected] should you have a need.
For the Kids!
Robert W. “Bobby” Simpson
Head of School