August 21, 2020
Dear Students, Parents, Guardians, Faculty and Staff,
Thank you so much for your cooperation and help as we have now eased into our daily routine. Following are updates to help keep us moving forward. Please continue to review the Knightly News for other updates as well.
- MS/HS – Do your best to continue to be a good steward of Knoxville Christian School. This means that your health is important to the entire KCS community. Do not put yourself in situations that could compromise your health. Remain steadfast and focused on not taking shortcuts or simply ignoring what you have been doing to remain healthy. Continue to maintain a safe distance from others, wash hands, and wear a mask in common areas and when not able to stay distanced.
- PARENTS – please encourage your students to maintain a proper distance during lunch when masks are off.
- ALL SCHOOL – We are now working on our regular school-year arrival time of not earlier than 7:40am.
- ALL SCHOOL – Please continue to monitor your health and the health of your students before coming to campus. Continue to go by the guidelines that have been posted each week and on the KCSKnights.org website. Contact Mr. Ford or Mr. Simpson if you have any questions.
- ALL SCHOOL – But mainly for MS/HS – The 2-week grace period is expiring for dress code and personal appearance. All students should be in approved attire. Also, hair should be cut to be in compliance as well. Thanks for your help in this matter.
- PK3 – 5th GRADE – MORNING CARE – Effective for the week beginning Monday, August 31, parents will need to register in advance for any days they plan to participate in Morning Care. You will have access to a form to be completed by 3pm Friday before the upcoming week. More details coming next week.
- CAMP BIG FISH – K – 5TH GRADE – You still have the ability to take advantage of preferential pricing for Knoxville Christian School students for afterschool care for your students in grades K-5th.
- HS – HIGH SCHOOL RETREAT – Thursday, August 27 – Different this year as it will be 100% on campus, during school hours, only on Thursday. This is an excellent time to interact with classmates and with the other high school classes, along with some faculty and staff.
- HS SENIOR CLASS – Please note the date change for the Senior Parent and Student Meeting. This will take place on Monday, Sept 14, beginning at 6pm in the High School library.
I ask that you continue to pray for our school, our students and families, and our community. Should you have any questions you can send an email to [email protected].
For the Kids!
Robert W. “Bobby” Simpson
Head of School