Welcome to Knoxville Christian School and thank you for your interest in our school. Below you will find instructions for applying to KCS. If you have any questions, please contact Bud Ford at (865) 966-7060 or [email protected].
Admission decisions are based on the student’s academic record, application, and admissions evaluation at the school. All classes are taught in English and no special accommodations are made for international students except for one ESL class to support the students in writing and grammar. If the student needs extra help, she/he must take tutoring session at his/her own expense.
12th Grade Seniors
Knoxville Christian School accepts new international students only for the 6th through 11th grades. However, two exceptions might be considered for senior students:
- First Exception: If the student will be a senior and attended school in the U.S. for both semesters of 11th grade and earned credit with an excellent academic record, the school will consider your application.
- Second Exception: When the international student who did not study in a U.S. a high school wishes to apply as a senior to KCS, she/he must be highly proficient in English and have an excellent academic record. The student must also take the TOEFL English Proficiency Test and score a minimum of 70 on TOEFL iBT and 520 on TOEFL Paper. The test scores must be sent with the application.
International Graduation Requirements
- Score a minimum of 75 on TOEFL iBT
- Score minimum of 550 on TOEFL Paper
- Pass all KCS classes with a minimum of 70% average.
Senior With 3 or More Years at KCS
- All the above requirements
- AND score a 21 or higher on the ACT
The application/acceptance process typically begins in December and January for acceptance for the following school year. This process can take up to 8 weeks. Follow each of these steps completely:
- Email ALL of the following as PDF documents to [email protected] (must be clear & legible)
- 4-page International Application
- Copy of passport (photo page only)
- Immunization records (must be up to date)
- Academic Transcript (MUST be translated into English with SPECIFIC class titles)
- Proof of Funds
- Pay the non-refundable application and processing fee of $600/student submitted to Knoxville Christian School with each application before the I-20 will be issued. Include the student’s full name with payment. Payments can be made on our website or mailed to the following address: Knoxville Christian School
- EMAIL Mr. Ford to set up a SKYPE appointment and receive the SKYPE address.
- Attend your SKYPE interview appointment with our International Director
- Look for acceptance EMAIL if he/she has been accepted into the Knoxville Christian School International Program
TOEFL test is required for senior students only.
Fees and Tuition
A non-refundable application and processing fee of $600/student must be submitted with each application before the I-20 is issued.
Payment of $16,000 is due by August 1st.
We Look Forward to Meeting You!