18 Months Through 4 Years Old
Knoxville Christian School is operated in compliance with the standards for day care centers serving preschool children as required by the Tennessee Department of Education. KCS Early Learning Center offers classes for children ages 18 months through 4 years old. Our student/teacher ratio will not exceed the number of students allowed by the Tennessee State guidelines. Knoxville Christian School is a non-profit, non-sectarian, interracial and non-political institution. The school is governed by a self perpetuating Board of Directors, each of whom are members of the Church of Christ.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected] or call (865) 966-7060.
Advantages of a Multi-Age Classroom
Children are viewed as unique individuals. The teacher focuses on teaching each child according to his or her own strengths.
Children are not labeled according to their ability, and children learn at their own rate.
Older children have the opportunity to serve as mentors and to take on leadership roles.
A Family of Learners
Children develop a sense of family with their classmates. They become a “family of learners” who support and care for each other.
Children are more likely to cooperate than compete. The spirit of cooperation, kindness, and caring makes it possible for children to help each other as individuals not just view each other as competitors.
Class begins at 8:00am and dismissal is at 3:00pm, Monday through Friday. Children may enter their classroom as early as 7:40am.
Financial concerns should be addressed to Mrs. Rikki Brandenburg in the high school building. Contact information by phone is 865-966-7060. Her email is [email protected].
The 2020-2021 tuition amounts follow depending on the school schedule selected:
5 Full Days (Monday-Friday) 8:00am to 3:00pm = $6,700 per year
5 Half Days (Monday -Friday) 8:00am to noon = $5,600 per year
3 Full Days (M-W-F) 8:00am to 3:00pm = $5,600 per year
3 Half Days (M-W-F) 8:00am to noon = $4,950 per year
- The full tuition amount is due every month whether your child attends or does not attend whether school is not in session for holidays, snow day, etc.
- Payment is due by the 10th of each month.
- Payment can either be placed in the black box outside the school office or dropped off to Mrs. Brandenburg in the high school building.
New Student Application Fee = $150
Early Learning Center Annual Fee = $350
Our school has implemented enhanced procedures to limit the spread of COVID-19 and are frequently communicating with families and staff to convey the enhanced measures in place. Depending on the circumstances and guidance by local and state officials, enhanced procedures above normal health and safety protocols may include:
• Limiting the people who enter the building to current staff members and enrolled families only.
• Temperature checks for children and staff.
• External drop-off and pick-up of children.
• Increased frequency of hand washing.
• Increased sanitation of frequently touched surfaces and toys.