Below you will find the international admissions process for international students at Knoxville Christian School. If you have any questions, please contact the International Program Director, Bud Ford at (865) 966-7060 or [email protected].
Admission decisions are based on the student’s academic record, application, and admissions evaluation at the school. All classes are taught in English and no special accommodations are made for international students except for one ESL class to support the students in writing and grammar. If the student needs extra help, she/he must take tutoring session at his/her own expense.
Senior Applicants (12th Grade)
Knoxville Christian School accepts new international students only for the 6th through 11th grades. However, two exceptions may be considered for senior students:
- If the student will be a senior and attended school in the U.S. for both semesters of 11th grade and earned credit with an excellent academic record, the school will consider your application.
- The student is highly proficient in English and has an excellent academic record. The student must take TOEFL English Proficiency Test and score a minimum of 70 on TOEFL iBT and 520 on TOEFL Paper. The test scores must be sent with the application.
Application / Acceptance to Knoxville Christian School: The application/acceptance process typically begins in December and January for acceptance for the following school year. This process can take up to 8 weeks. Follow each of these steps completely:
- Complete International Student Application by creating an account on our online portal.
- Email the following documents to [email protected]
- Teacher Recommendation Form (from 3 different teachers)
- Student Health History
- Passport (photo page only)
- All Academic Transcripts (translated into English)
- Proof of Funds
- Proof of Medical Insurance*
*Proof of Medical Insurance
There are many insurance companies that International Students can use for their time in America. Some of these that our students have used in the past include:
- IMG – www.Imglobal.com
- Global Benefits Group – www.GBG.com
- International Student Insurance – www.Internationalstudentinsurance.com
Pay the non-refundable Application and Annual Fee of $750 submitted to Knoxville Christian School. This fee covers your application, technology, and textbooks. Applicants must pay the fee before the I-20 will be issued. (Include the student’s full name with payment). Payments can be made on our website or mailed to the following address:
Pay By Mail
Knoxville Christian School
11549 Snyder Rd
Knoxville, TN 37932
- Email the program director ([email protected]) to setup a Skype Appointment
- Attend your Skype Interview Appointment
Student will receive an acceptance letter via EMAIL if he/she has been accepted into the Knoxville Christian School International Program